February 11, 2012

Techbits

Coming out from Hibernation

Following the last message that was posted on the blog, it was mentioned that I would be posting very soon - it was almost 5 long years ago though. Does it mean that "very soon" is about 5 years? I decided to come out of the self-imposed slumber and hibernation finally. You'll be seeing regular updates on my blog from now onwards.

Techbits

A new initiative "Techbits" is going to be taken, the intention behind which is to give back to the online society. All this while, I have only been consuming by searching for solutions and tips from various sites and blogs whenever I encounter issues. However, I've decided to start contributing instead of just consuming.

What is the objective of Techbits?

To share the solutions to the problems I encountered, useful technical tips that will introduce you to new tools, new ways of doing something and improve your productivity.

Why is the name sounding like tidbits - can I eat them?

To go into the origins of the initiative name, it started with "Technical Tips", then changed to "Tech Tips", then to "Techtips", then to "Tech tidbits", then to "Techbits" eventually which looked kind of good - as it is an amalgam of Technology (which has greatly changed all of our lives) and Bits (which are the basic units of representation in computers).

With regards to the latter part of the question, you cannot eat - you've to digest them by understanding though :-) Also, I google'd and found this name being used already by some groups - I assert, however, that the idea of coming up with the name was original!

Stay tuned for further updates.

No comments: